Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 10th, and we’ve got the ultimate guide for finding the perfect gift for the occasion. From fresh flowers to spa treatments, we’ve got you covered with ideas sure to make mom smile.
Union Square Greenmarket Flowers
Make sure you pick up flowers from the legendary Union Square Greenmarket in the Park’s North Plaza, directly from the producers. Some vendors include:
- LocalRoses, the last commercial rose grower on Long Island, at the Greenmarket on Mondays and Fridays.
- Race Farms, a fourth-generation family farm in New Jersey, at the Greenmarket on Mondays. Farmer Ryan Race recommends getting mom a perennial such as a bleeding heart, as it will continue to bloom for years.
In addition to the Greenmarket, the Union Square neighborhood has plenty of gift options including sweet treats, spa deals, and fine wines.
Artisanal Italian Chocolate
- L.A. Burdick (5 East 20th Street), Mother’s Day assortments
- Amedei Store (15 East 18th Street), Mother’s Day gift boxes
- The Red Door (200 Park Avenue South), 15% bonus dollars in “celebration of her inner goddess”
- Mahalo Massage (32 Union Square East), themed gift certificates for a “transformative massage”
- Silk Day Spa (47 West 13th Street), bonus voucher with purchase.
A Stay in Union Square
Now that you have your flowers and chocolates figured out, why not give her the full Union Square experience, even if you’re not local?
- W New York – Union Square Hotel (201 Park Avenue South), wants to amplify your mom’s special day with a Broadway show and a cosmetics set
- Hyatt Union Square New York (134 Fourth Avenue), has partnered with The Red Door to offer a Mother’s Day Makeover special.
On the big day, why not treat her to brunch or dinner? Many neighborhood eateries are offering specials that fit diverse tastes and price ranges. Below are some of our favorites.
- Tocqueville (1 East 15th Street), Mother’s Day prix fixe brunch and prix fixe dinner
- Gotham Bar & Grill (12 East 12th Street), a special three course prix fixe brunch, with options for children.
- Aleo (7 West 20th Street), free pasta with wine purchase
- Sala One Nine (35 West 19th Street), a prix fixe two course Spanish brunch and a complimentary drink.
- The Gander (15 West 18th Street), will be open for brunch and dinner, featuring a la carte specials and a delicious mom-inspired cocktail.
- The Stand (239 Third Avenue), a fun prix fixe brunch, featuring special dishes and cocktails
- Adalya (55 Irving Place), offers moms a free drink with Mediterranean-inspired brunch
- Le Midi (11 East 13th Street), complimentary blanc de blanc with reservations
- Big Daddy’s (239 Park Avenue South), moms get a free Mom-mosa