In this city, Pi Day can mean a number of things (see what we did there?). Pi Day is an annual celebration commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi) and was designated by the U.S. House of Representatives in 2009.
Union Square has plenty of pie options to help you celebrate this momentous occasion. Multiply your love for the day and satisfy your inner mathematician with the neighborhood’s best pies. From sweet to savory, check out all of our favorites below. And you know it’s not NYC unless we include pizza pies! Try out 3.14 of these places in celebration of Pi Day!
1. Coffee Shop’s Famous Banana Cream Pie will have you singing pie praises. visit
2. Artichoke Pizza has gained quite the fan base with their signature slices. visit
3. Union Square Greenmarket has a number of local producers baking everything from blueberry pies to apple crumble. visit
4. Pie Face is restaurant devoted to pies! Whether you want sweet, savory, big or small, they’ve got an array of pies with cute faces baked in that’ll make you smile. visit
6. Big Daddy’s Diner has a Terrific Topsy Turvey 3 Apple Pie that is a must order based on the name alone. visit
7. Joe’s Pizza just celebrated their 1 year anniversary on 14th Street. Celebrate Pi Day and a birthday! visit
8. Whole Foods has a bakery full of delicious organic pies to choose from! visit
9. ABC Kitchen serves up a warm Apple Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream. Yum! visit
Celebrate Pi Day with all of your local favorites here in Union Square!