The drugstore chain Walgreens on the corner of 14th Street and Fourth Avenue, which originally opened in 2001, has just completed a massive expansion. The company announced that its newest flagship store will have their grand re-opening and ribbon cutting on Thursday, January 23rd at 10 AM. The now two-level store features Walgreens’ new Well Experience format.
“Walgreens is thrilled to provide customers our newest New York flagship location – unlike any traditional drugstore — in Manhattan’s historic Union Square,” said Skip Bourdo, Walgreens market vice president. “This location has been transformed to become customers’ first choice for health and daily living, and we look forward to continuing to help the residents and visitors of the Union Square neighborhood get, stay and live well.”
According to Walgreens, the store’s expanded features include:
- Walgreens new Well Experience format, offering new products, services and solutions delivered in unique and innovative ways and customized for the local community.
- An advanced printing and photo lab providing expanded printing capabilities for creative projects that include a full photo lab processing 35mm film, posters, banners, photo books, folded cards and calendars — all available in one hour.
- New, Upmarket consumable offerings providing an ultra-fresh selection of professional chef-rolled sushi, sandwiches, wraps and ready-to-eat cut fruits and vegetables; all offering a healthier solution to typical fast food choices. Walgreens core food categories also include a wider range of frozen foods and entrees as well as expanded deli dairy items to round out a more complete range of options.
- A new checkout format for customers offering greater access to the main registers and arranged in a way that will guide customers through easily, making for an overall quicker checkout.
- Web Pickup, which allows customers to access the entire store’s online item assortment and pickup purchases in-store. Once an order is picked, the customer will receive an email and/or text message notifying them that the order is ready for pickup.
- An expanded beauty and personal care section creating a best-in-class destination shopping experience for categories including skincare, color cosmetics, hair care, dental, grooming and baby.